The Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager (SAM) takes service providers well beyond the traditional boundaries of element, network and service management. It enables unified, end-to-end management of IP/MPLS and Carrier Ethernet networks and the services they deliver to help service providers quickly gain the efficiencies they need to beat the competition. Rapid provisioning reduces time-to-market and increases flexibility when launching new services. Proactive troubleshooting helps resolve problems before they affect customers. And ease of integration within the existing operational environment helps service providers get the most from their investments.
The 5620 SAM offers a modular, extensible and scalable architecture that can be customized to fit specific operational environments. It consists of four modules that provide:
- Element management for traditional FCAPS functionality
- Network infrastructure configuration, service provisioning, scripting and customer management
- Assurance including physical, network and service topology views and OAM service-diagnostics tools
- OSS integration with external applications
Service providers can further enhance the 5620 SAM’s management capabilities with the Alcatel-Lucent 5650 Control Plane Assurance Manager (CPAM), Alcatel-Lucent 5670 Reporting and Analysis Manager (RAM), Alcatel-Lucent custom service portals, and pre-certified OSS partner application integrations.
With more than 270 deployments, including some of the world’s largest and most advanced networks, the 5620 SAM is a proven solution that sets the standard for service-aware management. It helps service providers to address today’s challenges with a foundation that will support tomorrow’s market-leading service offerings for business, residential, mobile or converged services.
- Rapid introduction of new services and technologies
- Accelerated and reliable provisioning that minimizes the risk of misconfigurations and reduce time-to-market
- Proactive prevention of potential service-affecting problems before they impact customers
- Faster and simplified problem resolution to quickly pinpoint and solve issues
- Efficient statistics collection for flexible billing and SLA options
- Unmatched operational scalability to support network and service growth
- Increase productivity and flexibility with a management solution that easily adapts to allow cost-effective integration into the existing operational environment, enhancing workflows and processes
- Easy-to-use GUI that accelerates configuration and provisioning tasks. Automation further accelerates tasks and minimizes the time and costs associated with the errors that commonly occur when a command line interface is used
- Common provisioning for Layer 2 and Layer 3 services to reduce the cost of delivering different service types
- Extensive service assurance capabilities that allow proactive identification of problems before they affect customers
- Powerful troubleshooting tools that help to quickly pinpoint the root cause of problems to speed resolution
- Templates that allow simplified integration with existing processes and workflows
- Open interfaces that enable integration with custom web portals, Operations Support Systems (OSSs) and Business Support Systems (BSSs)